Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Coup De Grace...

"Every gesture..every move that she makes, makes me feel like never before;
Why do I have this growing need to be beside her..."

These were the lines that "he" used to introduce "her" to me.

Okay..before I move on..I think I feel an urge to introduce "he" - the protagonist of this post. Well "he" is a work of my fiction, and his story has been inspired by some true events in someone's life. And what about "her" ? Well..well..well...now that will be the best kept secret, to keep you all glued to this post ! :-D

How often do you see yourself standing infront of the mirror, and thinking "I ve changed a lot" when u see ur replica...? How often have you heard ur friends rebuking u, with one simple statement- "You have changed, u r not what u used to be." How many times in a day do you remember ur grandparents' talisman dt stated - "Never change urself for anyone" ?
Perhaps we have moved so much ahead of time, that even the simplest of advices from our near n dear ones, seem like those mammoth burdens that they are imposing on us.

Now..why such a prologue to this post ? Well read n introspect, how the protagonist of this story lost it all, just coz of some simple things dt complicated his life and entangled him in d cobweb of  fantasy and desire !

Out of touch for about a year n a half, I happened to meet him today. I remember the last time I saw him, he was one of those guys who were destined to make big in life, who were earmarked to be successful in every sphere...But the situation today contradicted all the above said statements. Sitting in the cloistered surroundings of this market, I was completely stupefied to see him...his condition to be precise...loosened attire, unbrushed hair, shabby beard and to top it all up..a cigarette in hand..not aware of his surroundings, he was just sitting, smoking and gazing at the crowd...constantly engaging in soliloquy...

His condition was full of ambiguities...A guy whose elegance could never be vitiated by anyone; a gregarious person, who was famous for making friends wherever he went; was sitting all by himself..in complete solitariness... Trying to reason with myself, I tried finding my way through the crowd, n finally I was standing by his side. As soon as he had a glance at me..without a second thought...he cudnt stop but hug me, with tears falling from his eyes; his uncertain tone that was difficult to decipher. Trying to console him constantly, I couldn't come to terms with what exactly was happening ! And before I could utter a word, his trembling tone gave me a pellucid idea, of what he was going through..."She left me man...she left me..........." were the only words he said; and as a reader, a lover & even a sceptic, you too can now clearly tell what I have been trying to tell in the above lines...!

2 years before the present day


Over with our competition exams, immediately after school...we had a long break ahead of us...[ n plz dont be concerned about the exam results..dt would reveal the identities of most of the characters ;) ]..2 long months that would be testing our patience, courage, n would be giving us all sorts of mental trauma...Partying was the only routine pilgrimage for all of us during this time...me, "him" n our group of friends...! It was during this last party of the season, that we all met this girl...a scintillating personality;  jocund n outgoing by nature, one of those few in a thousand girls who seem to have devoted their lives to chastity...
Her very first look impressed everyone around...or shall I say "he" was the only one who beat the odds to be completely smitten by her looks...ummm..saying no would be incorrect at least now when half the story is quite clear to you all !

Perhaps that was the last time "he" attended our get togethers...completely off the social circuit, he started living in his own world after our colleges started...or may be that was what all of us thought..?
Busy with our respective lives..no one paid heed to his absence...till the time I finally happened to meet him today...in some completely unexpected circumstances......


Back to the Present Day




Greeting me with a crying face, completely shattered coz of something I was just about to hear..."He" was just not ready to listen to me but weep endlessly..."He" was perhaps setting a perfect example of that one thing we all will witness one day..."Life's a stage...n we all are mere players..who are abacked by sporadic good and bad days..." 
Finally able to overcome the clouds of paroxysm, he regained his senses...n without a second thought...out of sympathy, anxiety n concern I asked him just one thing " Where had you been all this long ?"
A simple cryptic reply from his side was enough for me to understand his state of mind...."It was her..."
"Her"..?! Yes the same girl who happened to find a place in my post out of nowhere...the girl who managed to be the centre of attention of half the readers...the girl whom we met about 2 yrs back...Perhaps the only good thing about the situation was that "he" managed to impress "her" and went into a relation with her..?! A relation ?! Yess...a "Relation"...!


His side of Story


We all know "when it would have happened"....we all wanna know "how it happened n why she left"....
Perhaps the answer to "how it happened" is a bit personal...n I wont touch that...So the only question that remains is.."What made him change so much?"
Well the "Magic of love...." is what "he" states...Difficult to digest...?!
Ummm..half the world is living with the "Magic of love thing"...then what brought him to his present state...?!


Some decisions in life will always haunt us all one day...n his' was one such decision that he repented once the unexpected "bad patch" started engulfing him...


With a cigarette in hand...n rolling eyes...he began narrating his part of life that was hidden from all of us for the past 1.5 yrs...





*Her entry in my life n I ws no more what I used to be...She ws d world for me...It all began in June last year...things were jst so beautiful wid her...hours of talkin n talkin n more talkin...They say "At some point in life, our priorities change.." perhaps I was the living example of this statement...We both begun wid our college n v both meant d world to each other..Bunkin, missin lectures, goin on dates...d relationship strengthened day by day...Unconcerned about my academics, I was digging deeper into our relationship..n started expecting more from her...

 Things went pretty good ..all year long...d beginnin of 2009 ws jst awesome...winters + cold+ v both...by nw I had realised wt d so called "seriousness" in a r'ship meant...N dt ws d time wen I confidently said dt , "Yes ! I m serious..."Came February, came March thngs were just "freakily" beautiful....bt who cud ve predicted d future...April marked d beginnin of her xams n my sems n stuff...I used to sacrifice my studies to teach her...It all went pretty good...all april...n den came d "dark month of May"...I had my end sems round the corner...n after a long break v both met 3 days b4 my xams...it was another one of those beautiful meetings....v met...v shopped n lot more...!
Bt even in my wildest dreams I cud ve never thought dt dis ws my last meetin..without personalizing things I can only say dt d bad patch of out r’ship begun coz of her family... or shud I say dt dt “girl’s” real picture started emerging out of nowhere...
She changed...She nw begun her “blame game”…d jokes in d middle of r’ship became n xcuse 4 her to go away…She begun pointing out my bad traits which even I didn’t knw I had…I ws in d middle of my end sem xams wid an entrance xam too..Bt she just didn’t f**kin care…U r dis..U r dat…U did dis..U did dt..F**K off…Y r u aftr me….these were d ques she ws putting up nw…n I smhw avoided her 4rm screwing my xams…I ws a mere silent listener of her accusations…N yeaa she did apologise 1ce 4 her behavior n I thought dt its ws all her frustration…n wil soon b bk to normal…bt...ended May…begun June..her new condition emerged..”V shud b best friends “…ummm..I agreed hopin dt she wil surely cm bk to normal..bt 3 days hence she agn f**ked me up…”Who d hell r u to b my friend..?”
I ws jst speechless…I mean ws she d same girl I met as “my girl” bout a month ago…an year of “f**kin serious” commitment seemed to b a joke 4 her…Bt I kept fooling myself hopin dt she’d b bk sm day…Alas..! I ws d biggest fool…her blame games continued...The roughest patch of my lyf..courtesy “this girl…Even today wen I think bout her…I remember d girl who I thought she was…Wanna knw bout her nw..wel wel…She’s just enjoyin her lyf..I ws just a part of her game..n she threw me wid a bang…Nw she does all things which I once stopped her 4rm doing 4 her own gud…She just pretended 2 b wid me 4 n entire year…bt all d while there ws smthng else cookin in her “malevolent mind”…Today I try forgettin her bt try retaining our good tym in d past 1.5 years…She was d first girl in my life…n I ws d fourth guy in her's…May b she had a habit of fallin in r’ships n dumping guys aftr smtym…N it wont b odd if she gets in a r’ship again, afterall dts wt dis girl was all about...
Dts d only way I try convincing myself...n dts what has changed me...what has brought me here...feeling completely shattered in her absence, I was left with no other option...n I trembled every time I tried calling u guys...as I was afraid of being reproached by you all...
Dts my part of story...clear enough for u to understand as to where I was all this long......................*




(A long pause)
Pheeewww...his part of story !! Taking time to digest what I just heard, my mind was bustling up with sympathy...I could commiserate with him...His tears knew no end...I wanted to help him out of this condition...But one thing that was keeping me in a tizzy was - "How could a girl change a guy like him so much, that he just overlooked his other priorities in life??"


"Magic of love"..as "he" says...can do wonders..It can take you to a whole new world of wonders n excitement... A roller coaster ride, those already smitten by this "4 lettered word", can easily work out the irony in these statements...Easy to fall into, but difficult to get out of...it takes you to places even Gods wouldn't have been to...Blossoming at every step, the bond of love is one divine feeling that everyone will experience one day...
But what about those who already have been through all this...just like our protagonist...who devoted 2 complete years of his life after a girl, who was superficial enough to dump him when he had given her that place in his life, that even his parents failed to carve...
My mentor once quoted, " One can easily cope up with losses in his/her financial lives, but when it comes to personal lives...the same coping up becomes a gargantuan task..."


A ramshackled personal life was what dilapidated "him" from head to toe...Blind trust on a soubrette (as he now quotes),  being blown away by the winds of influential change in the past 2 years; giving more than cent percent commitment in his relationship, failing to debunk the real face of that promiscous girl (whom I referred to by some beautiful adjectives when we met her for the first time).....
"He" had become a prey the very day he went into a relation with "her" ; the coup de grace  was the day she dumped him...............................................






Note : Events n instances have been inspired by true life events...This post has been written with no intention to denigrate anyone's self respect.

No comments: